More people are becoming aware that we truly are what we eat, and many health conditions can be linked with our eating habits. Nutritional Therapy helps you to work out which are the best foods for you as an individual, thus helping you to improve your health and to get the very best out of life. Nutritional therapy involves analysing what is going on in the whole of your body and not just the symptoms. It can enable prevention of ailments as well as aid recovery.
How could Nutritional Therapy help me?
Conditions commonly helped include:
- Digestive complaints such as IBS, constipation, bloating and indigestion
- Cardiovascular problems such as high blood pressure and high cholesterol
- Hormonal imbalances including PMS, infertility and painful periods
- Weight management using lifestyle and dietary changes in order to eradicate the need for dieting.
- Nervous system disorder including depression, insomnia, panic attacks and anxiety
- Skin problems including eczema in adults and children, acne and psoriasis
- Allergies including hay fever and food allergies/intolerances
Nutritional therapy can also help you maintain health with:
- Increasing energy levels
- Dealing with everyday stress
- Optimising your diet for a healthy pregnancy
- Selecting the correct foods for your children
- Improving your resistance against chronic illnesses, both now and later in life
What will your consultation involve?
Your initial consultation with me will involve a thorough investigation into your medical history, past and present diet, family medical history, and of course, your present state of health – with complete confidentiality throughout. This first consultation may take around 90 minutes to complete. By the end of this time, I will have amassed enough information in order to formulate a therapeutic nutritional programme for your individual needs.
You will receive this programme, which may also include recommendations for a number of nutritional supplements, at your next consultation. At this time I will fully explain what is involved in following your programme and will answer any questions that you may have. Subsequent consultations may then ensue, the purpose of which is to monitor and guide you through the healing process, and to make any dietary and supplement adjustments as deemed necessary. These adjustments will be initiated according to your healing reactions once you have started the programme.
The initial consultation takes up to 90 minutes and costs £85. The first follow-up visit lasts up to one hour and costs £60. Subsequent follow-up visits cost £50, and last for one hour; or there is the option of email/telephone support for £20 per month. Depending upon location, sometimes home visits can be arranged and there may be some flexibility in pricing in such instances.
What can I expect?
Nutritional practitioners generally agree that disease is usually the end result of a build-up of toxicity within the body, and/or nutritional imbalances and deficiencies. If these are corrected, the body is often capable of healing itself.
The nutritional programme is designed to achieve this objective. The expectation is for there to be a gradual improvement in your health which will naturally lead to an enhanced overall state of well-being. By adopting a more holistic approach than conventional drug related medicine, your body is able to adapt at its own rate and maintain itself over the long term.